Actually it's the patches from : http://www.bitmuster.org/projects/emc.html

 I spoke with Michael Abel, and the patches I had and the one he had
done were from the same origin, ( check his page above ).
 The patches are not intrusive, and unless you build with RT-Preempt
support they don't affect anything.

 Micheal also added semaphores and shared memory to linux_rtapi.
 I am trying to put them through the paces right now on a parport
interface and some steppers, so far so good.

 I would like to ask, how do one go about becoming an EMC developer ?
 Also would it be ok to get the patches from above location ?
 And could there be a rt-preempt branch or does it go directly in mainline ?

 Right now I will concentrate on hunting latency in linux-rt , there
is some stupid stuff in some drivers like ' udelay(20) ' and things
like that that needs to be hunted down since right now it all depends
on your hardware platform and the drivers which latency you get, but
hopefully rt-preempt should be able to provide sub 10 us latency on
most systems.

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.