>I was just going to do some LinuxCNC renaming in the Wiki.
> I find the entire wiki seems to be set to read-only.

If it's read-only, then you are not signed in.
See: http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BasicSteps

Looking at that page (and especially the diff to the previous version):
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&diff=1&id=BasicSteps

it is quite obvious why the wiki seems readonly.

Regards,
Alex