On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 18:57 +0100, Michael Haberler wrote:
> One of the glaring interpreter issues I consider repairing is the current
> state of affairs of "line numbers".
>
> I have laid out the issue, and a sketch for a solution here:
>
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LineNumbers
>
> I plan to do something about it - but only after the requirements have seen
> some peer review and consensus, that is.
>
> I encourage feedback, esp wrt to requirements and the open questions.
>
> - Michael

I briefly scanned your wiki page. I think you are working at a lower
level of code that would not likely affect my quest for a touch off tool
change feature, since these tool changes can be done manually with the
current software. I think your quest is to get multiple files and MDI to
live together at the same time. I imagine the touch off tool change to
have only one subfile open at a time, but time may tell.

The term "line number" can get a bit confusing. When I think of line
numbers I think of numbered g-code blocks (which are deprecated). I like
the "sloc" term so we don't get into a similar age old issue between
"joint" and "axis". I suppose a user will likely never see a sloc?

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html