Very interesting !
I don't know this. thank's for link.
They speak about :
Thousand control packets per second are possible

so this give about 1000 kbyte so aroud 2,3 Kherzt frame signal
If we espected that here the physical layer is set to 10 Mbit transfer rate.

Whit a microcontroler which can handle 100 mbit layer this will become 10
Mbyte so about 20,30 Megahertz frame signal ... so very good for linuxcnc ...