Michael Haberler wrote:
> here's linpack figures for the Rpi and an Intel D525.
>
> the D5252 is almost a factor of 6 faster than the Rpi for this benchmark

Thanks much for doing this!  Not a great result, though.  My feeling is
that the
Atom processors are marginal for LinuxCNC, especially in cases with long
programs or contouring, where the slowness would be more obvious.
So, if the Pi is 1/6th that speed, that will not be good at all.
Exactly how this compares on LinuxCNC, where there is also a lot of
non-FP code, isn't clear.  If LinuxCNC was run with the GUI on another
system, it might be OK, and for special projects which are not typical
machines, it might be fine.

Jon