On Saturday 09 April 2016 13:19:00 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 04/09/2016 02:58 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > As possessor of a couple 100+ megahertz dual trace scopes, I have
> > found the probes that MPJA.com sells for under a $20 bill each to be
> > serviceable and a lot more ruggedly built than the stuff tek (or
> > anyone else I have sampled) sells.  And the price is right too.
>
> These are Tek 6062A, VERY good and rugged probes.  I bought
> a BK scope many years ago, the ProbeMaster probes on it
> lasted ONE WEEK! These probes were used when I got them, and
> this is the first problem I've had with them in over 30 years.
>
> Jon

Thats somewhat amazing Jon, I never got more than 6 months out of a $120
tek probe for the 2235, and its input attentuators started drifting
after 4 or 5 years, worst piece of junk with a tek label on it I ever
saw.  The OEM tube had really severe coma distortion that tek wouldn't
replace and I eventually spent the $550 for a new tube and put it in
myself.

Gone are the days of yore when tek guaranteed anything they made inhouse
forever. Now they will not even guarantee the part on the shelf is good,
so if you buy it, and its no good, too bad, so sad, but no refund is
offered.

That all went to hell when Tek bought The Grass Valley Group or vice
versa, I never did figure out who bought whom there.  Up until then,
both were good outfits for a broadcaster to buy his tech gear from.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)