Well, I'm in BIG trouble.

I have 3 PCIe parallel port cards here that are all doing
the same thing.  They are, however, all the exact SAME PC
board with the Oxford OXPCIe952 chip.  They are branded
SIIG, Startech and Rosewill.  I cannot get them to work with
my PPMC-family boards.  I hooked up the logic analyzer, and
my diagnostic program does a series of writes to the board
that all look OK.  Then, it tries to enumerate the board,
and this involves an address write and then a data read, and
the read is not performed at ALL.  (The data writes
performed previously all look fine, WRITE/ is asserted with
the data lines, then DATASTB/ is pulsed and WAIT/
acknowledges the cycle.) For the reads, WRITE/ goes low with
the address to be read on the data lines, ADDRSTB/ is
pulsed, WAIT/ acknowledges it.  THEN, WRITE/ is supposed to
stay high, and DATASTB/ SHOULD be pulsed, but NOTHING happens!

The only thing I can figure is that the reconfiguration I've
been using for well over a DECADE to turn the bus from write
mode to read mode has somehow disabled the EPP data cycle.

As far as I know, the way I'm doing this is approved and
recommended by all the experts who have written how to do
EPP transfers at the PC register level.

Setting the port to write mode :  write 0x04 to controlport

Setting the port to read  mode :  OR 0x20 to controlport

Anybody ever done EPP programming that might have some ideas?

Jon