On 02/27/2019 07:50 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
  But repeated measurements require I add about
2 counts to the scale value for every repeated measurement done that
way, and I've added around 20 counts trying to catch up. In a 16750
count, 20 is not that much.
This is not a MATH problem. I'm assuming open loop steppers here, hope that is what you have. If you get a fairly consistent accumulating error every back and forth movement, it is likely something to do with timing of the step pulses relative to the direction pin. Make sure the space between step pulses is in the right sense, so that the direction never changes when the step pulse is "true". That is the one that will surely foul up many step drivers, especially if they are microstepping. Also, check all details of the step timing, pause between step pulses, etc. If you don't have detailed specs for your drives, then try doubling the step pulse, step space and setup time on the direction and see if that helps the problem.

Jon