I'm in favor of deleting out-of-date translations of documentation, sad as that is. Better to have nothing than to have old misleading information.

There's a system for managing translations of documentation called `po4a`: https://po4a.org/index.php.en

More info here: https://po4a.org/man/man7/po4a.7.php

It uses the same `gettext` tools and PO files that we currently use for translating the software, which seems like a good thing.

Francis Tisserant (the main French translator person back in 2015) and I looked into it a little bit back in 2014/2015, it seemed very promising but as I recall the tools weren't quite usable yet and we dropped the project. Maybe the tools have matured since then? The branch is still in our git repo (`seb/master/po4a`).

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky