Hi Gene,

On 26.01.22 02:27, gene heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I built a fresh pull of master earlier today, which makes installable
debs. I normally run this shell script to install them, and on buster it
Just Works.
And that is how things should also behave on Bullseye. Let's find out
what is going wrong.
But, now I have succeeded in getting a raspios bullseye to run on a
5.16.2-rt19-rt19-v7l+ #3 SMP PREEMPT_RT kernel, and that first boot
updated about 2gigs of stuff. There is about 130 pkgs to update.

I have not run bullseye on a Raspberry, yet. I would however indeed go
and update everything.

sudo apt-get -u dist-upgrade

should get you there.

And I've found a solution to the no net on boot problem applicable to
home networks that are hosts file based. If you while the card is still
mounted in a reader, edit the /etc/dhcpdcp.conf file, you will find a
place at the bottom that is commented out but you can uncomment it and
fill in the data to fit your setup, and when booted in the pi, just
works, you have a network from the gitgo. Thats one MAJOR headache out of
the way.

BUT, what I built on buster, will not install on bullseye as too much has
been version advanced.
That is expected.
I have installed about a gig of stuff dpkg
complains about but have not been able to get a working install. yet...

The remaining errors are:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linuxcnc-uspace:
  linuxcnc-uspace depends on libboost-python1.67.0; however:
   Package libboost-python1.67.0 is not installed.
  linuxcnc-uspace depends on libpython3.7 (>= 3.7.0); however:
   Package libpython3.7 is not installed.
  linuxcnc-uspace depends on python3 (<< 3.8); however:
   Version of python3 on system is 3.9.2-3.
  linuxcnc-uspace depends on python3.7-tk; however:
   Package python3.7-tk is not installed.
  linuxcnc-uspace depends on python3.7-numpy | python-numpy; however:
   Package python3.7-numpy is not installed.
   Package python-numpy is not installed.
This raised some eyebrows on my end. Python 3.7 is history and
dependencies are on Python3. A grep in the debian directory of what I
have checked out from master does not have any notion of "3.7" in the
debian folder. And python-numpy (without the "3") is a Python2 version,
which is no longer needed.
But newer versions of all the above are all installed.
I do not know at this stage if I have enough to rebuild them as yet.
The debhelper suite is not yet installed.

So I need to see the /e/a/sources.list.d/linuxcnc.list file for bullseye
so I can see if those .debs will install.

Something is off with your package. Please have a second look at when
this package was built. Maybe it is an old one that was carried over
from your past with Buster?

Would you be prepared to try again? From scratch starting with a
checkout of the master branch?

Best,
Steffen