On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 3:49:58 PM EST Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hi Gene,

My script does a git pull first thing, which advises this:
===========================
 pi@rpi4:/media/pi/workspace $ time ./maketoruntests.sh
Updating files: 100% (1854/1854), done.
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
hint: Pulling without specifying how to reconcile divergent branches is
hint: discouraged. You can squelch this message by running one of the
following
hint: commands sometime before your next pull:
hint:
hint:   git config pull.rebase false  # merge (the default strategy)
hint:   git config pull.rebase true   # rebase
hint:   git config pull.ff only       # fast-forward only
hint:
hint: You can replace "git config" with "git config --global" to set a
default
hint: preference for all repositories. You can also pass --rebase, --no-
rebase,
hint: or --ff-only on the command line to override the configured default
per
hint: invocation.
=======================
Which do you suggest I edit into this script:
======================
cd /media/pi/workspace/linuxcnc-dev/
git checkout master
git pull
git checkout master-gtk3
git pull
cd ./src
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-realtime=uspace --enable-build-documentation
sudo make clean
make -j4
sudo make setuid
source ../scripts/rip-environment
cd ..
cd ./src
runtests

I probably don't have exactly the right git stuff, not sure I understand
it all, but its been working ok for about a year now, building good
linuxcnc deb's on buster.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis