Am 01.04.2022 um 08:41 schrieb Jérémie Tarot:
Le jeu. 31 mars 2022 à 23:31, andy pugh<bodge...@gmail.com>  a écrit :

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 21:37, Rod Webster<r...@vehiclemods.net.au>  wrote:

This also should simplify the release as there will be no reason to waste
resources on building ISO's anymore.
eg. 2.8 should be the last ISO released.

I am not so sure about that, the ISO is useful to "try before you buy"
without committing to wiping the existing OS on the PC.
(And it isn't all that much effort)

Also not every potential user, at all, may be familiar with Virtualization,
not to mention have VB or VMP already installed.

Plus, even if I agree that it a piece of cake for s/o used to it, just the
words "linux install" is clearly intimidating for the rest of the world,
sadly.

Then, even if it's easy and quite fast, you can't beat sticking a disc in a
toaster and rebooting and... Voilà ! Barely enough to go get an old dram 😉

Finally, even if I consider switching to manual install, we have to admit
that rebooting straight into an installed linuxcnc box is quite comfortable
and surely a big plus from user experience perspective.

Hi!

there are already debian live images. Maybe it is worth to create a kickstart-script that converts a standard debian-live-iso to a linuxcnc live iso.

Good example for a kickstart is

bash <(curl -Sshttps://my-netdata.io/kickstart.sh)

Which fully installs a monitoring-system with one bash line.

Greets from Bavaria.