On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 at 06:51, Nicklas SB Karlsson <n...@nksb.eu> wrote:

> To use degree while everyone else use radians might be a problem though
> might be easier to work with degree. Then doing calculations radians
> often have to be used for a CNC machine an example is calculate surface
> speed.

You need Pi to calculate surface speed, but not trigonometry. But to
make that really simple we could mandate that spindle speeds all be
stated in radians per second.

Fanuc - degrees.  (But offers G51 part rotation in deg and G52 in rad)
Duet - radians.
Mach3 - degrees
Fagor - degrees
Mitsubishi - degrees

Should the G76 compound slide be in radians, to cut those ISO 1.0472
radian or Whitworth 0.95993 radian threads?

Tool frontangles and backangles?

I am a physicist, and I am fully aligned with the applicability of
radians for calculations.

But G-code is in the realm of geometry / navigation where degrees are
the appropriate unit.

--
atp
lunatics."