On 05.07.22 15:34, gene heskett wrote:
On 7/5/22 08:26, andy pugh wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 at 11:47, Steffen Möller via Emc-developers
<emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

degrees. Values returned by unary operations which return angle
measures
('ACOS', 'ASIN', and 'ATAN') are also in degrees.
This is unexpected. Radial is the default for these functions about
everywhere
else. This should be made more explicit.
I would imagine that most CNC operators will expect degrees. Can you
imagine trying to type in a right-angle in MDI in radians?

G1 @20 ^ 90

is far more practical than

G1 @20 ^ 1.570796327

I agree with Andy on this one Steffan, for CNC, radians is a PITA.
My current project is a hard maple vise screw, about 18.5" inches
long. To carve a
2 start, 12mm pitch thread is 187,000 degrees, LinuxCNC tracks that
perfectly. As a
retired broadcast engineer, everything I've had to do has always been
done in degrees.
Including measuring guy wire tensions by the intercept method using a
riflescope is
SOP.

Uh, sorry, missunderstanding. I was spending too much time in weblate
and forgot how this may be read without that documentation-context. I do
not suggest that you should change the function, my comment only refers
to the documentation that should explicitly state 0-360 or something to
render it absolutely clear to everyone. But admittedly I still hope to
find the constant Pi defined somewhere and then 90 is about as easy as Pi/2.

Cheers,
Steffen