Heya,

I was also raised with "goto = evil" and it took me some decades to overcome
this mantra/early brainwash. Hereto, Linus' "while+goto looks more beautiful in
assembly" was important for me
(https://koblents.com/Ches/Links/Month-Mar-2013/20-Using-Goto-in-Linux-Kernel-Code/).

I did not exactly follow the seeds of this exchange, and likely will not get
all the details if I tried, but

10 please allow GOTOs in.
20 goto 10

Cheers,