That video conferencing seemed helpful to have some older PRs looked into. We
did not do it last time, but maybe any such routine would help. It is a complex
software we are talking about one quickly is beyond one's immediate wits,
shying away from that responsibility. So having many individual and experiences
jointly looking at the same patch may be beneficial. And for the older PRs the
responsible individuals (submitters) may not always be available, still.

I suggest to release a nice version 2.9, and then have some talking about what
we want for release 2.10/3.0 and how we should get there. I find that for the
documentation this works very nice these days. Everyone knows that @hansu has a
rigorous eye+judgement on what is submitted - and we/hansu know when to ask and
everyone knows that we/hansu will ask when there is a need to get something
clarified. Maybe we can have more such teams that address some distinct corner
of LinuxCNC?

We could possibly establish a "forgotten but still pressing PR"-committee that
submitters can call when they (I mean, their patches) feel neglected?

Best,
Steffen