On 2023-01-08 06:43, Jeff Epler wrote:
On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 04:06:07AM +0000, Chris Morley wrote:
AFAICT the code (I didn't look at the docs mind you) is fixed.
What is actually broken in master now?
What are we trying to fix? The history?
Content of changes in 2.9 were discarded, instead of being added to
master. This includes documentation fixes. I hope you will respect that
just like code changes, documentation changes are valuable contributions
to this project.

For a list of changes between master and jepler/alternate-bad-merge-fix
see https://gist.github.com/jepler/86390ab9be17babf0349a1a8c5198e2e --
these represent changes in 2.9 that were NOT taken by the bad merge
commit but probably should have been.

The majority are documentation changes (which does not mean they are
lower value than code changes). That said, a lot of code changes were
discarded too.  For instance, an entire config is missing.  As far as
source code goes it looks like bugfixes to gremlin, qtvcp, and others
are missing.  To get an idea this "git diff --stat" summary of
differences in lib/ src/ bin/ and scripts/ provides an overview:

I'm not sure where you got the idea I don't think docs are important. I've done a lot of docs myself. I only said I hadn't checked them.

Thank you for showing me there was a lot more changes then i was aware of.

You didn't address my other comments.

Chris