On 7/18/23 17:54, andy pugh wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2023 at 21:43, Rod Webster <r...@vehiclemods.net.au> wrote:

There is not a v 2.9 buildbot for the Pi so I think it requires building
from source.

I don't think that there is one that builds for a 64 bit kernel, or
for Bookworm, so you are correct.

sudo apt-get install build-essential git git-gui
git clone https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
cd linuxcnc-dev
git checkout 2.9
git pull

Now get the dependencies

./debian/configure
dpkg-checkbuilddeps

Copy the list
sudo apt-get install {paste the list, then edit the list to remove
brackets, versions, alternatives)

Now you can compile

cd src
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make setuid

This will be a run-in-place, so then

. ../scripts rip-environment
linuxcnc

Andy, this, since its too late to build for buster, seems like a good excuse to swap out the rpi4 for a bananapi-m5 which is more pi than the pi since it can run at 2 ghz, but is short the radio, which since I'm using rpspi for the machine interface is not a showstopper The bpi's are running my 3d printers right nicely. The only problem in my case might be the address of the gpio chip as its now a 3399. armbian has switched to ubuntu/jammy. With this kernel:

Linux bpi52 6.1.30-meson64 #8 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 24 16:32:53 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)