On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 at 01:41, Rod Webster <r...@vehiclemods.net.au> wrote:

> > Still can't build a package, the system really does seem to be
> >  impossible to persuade to not build docs
>
> Steffan put a PR forward to enable this the debian way
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/2647

I can try it, but I am not sure that it will work.

It will (I think) only affect override_dh_auto_build-indep:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/debian/rules.in#L57

But I think it still runs override_dh_installdocs-arch:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/debian/rules.in#L81

And here are un-switched docs-related actions also in:
override_dh_auto_install-indep:
override_dh_installdocs-indep:

And even with these commented out, the system _still_ fails,
complaining about missing docs packages files.

It _really_ doesn't want to make debs without docs.

Now, maybe I can change this with parameters to the dpkg-buildpackage
command. -uc is right (sign after building) but possibly -T is
relevant?

--
atp
lunatics."