On 3/7/24 05:03, andy pugh wrote:
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 00:30, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

  If there is
any error that stops it, such as a probe trip when not in a probe move,
its all done until shut down, restarted and rehomed.

It really shouldn't need a shutdown and restart.

It did Andy, then I found a note about subroutines in 11.7.4 that is a bit confusing. First, one named sub can't call another, but then it says it can call itself. So I broke it up into single pieces w/o any nesting in the main loop, but haven't gone out to test it yet as the weather is a bit damp. Probably more typu's to fix when I do. What I'm tryimg to do is locate every 3rd bolthole in a 540mm long 9mm wide linear bearing which is clamped in place by printed jigs on a 560mm long cf tube measureing 20x20, held in good y alignment by two printed vises with opposing movable jaws so it dialed within a thou of straight with the mills table. First I go into the counterbore of the screw hole, locate that with a spinning probe, then if that works center it and go in 4 or 5mm to get inside the 3mm hole, find that and record xyz in the array. Find the center of the 3mm hole and re-record that. then increment the x in both arrays by 60mm and find that hole, wash rinse repeat for 8 holes. If I can do that, then I change the probe for a 3mm sc mill and drill the holes in the cf for 3mm bolts. Then turn it over in the vises and do it again since I put another rail on the bottom of the cf tube. The printer I'm rebuilding, a tronxy400pro that never worked had all that flying weight made out of steel and solid alu and is going to lose at least half a pound of flying weight the xy motors won't have to throw around...The plain steppers have also been replaced with hanpose stepper/servos running on 3x the normal driver voltage, with optical encoders feeding the matching drivers. Turning a 40mm/second printer into a 400mm/second+ printer. I hope.

To better describe it, if the code is edited and reloaded after an error, all the stuff before the first move that has debugging statements in it, executes normally but it will not execute past the first machine move on the subsequent try until stopped and restarted, rehomed, and the code reloaded. Weirdsville... Even w/o errors, it only works once.

Thanks Andy. Take care & stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis