Alfred,

First, I will assume that this induction cooker will operate at mains frequency
of 50 or 60Hz.  If so, there are two issues of which I am aware.  Sweden, and
perhaps other Nordic countries, has established limits for allowable extra low
frequency (ELF) magnetic field strengths.

Secondly, there is much discussion about the possible biological effects of
long term exposure to low frequency (50/60Hz) electromagnetic fields.  There
have been many studies published, attemting to prove one way or the other.
At the present, there is no unanimously accepted body of evidence that such
exposure does or does not result in biological effects.  However, as an example
of the response to the concern, some electric blanket manufacturers re-routed
the internal wiring in their products to improve the cancelling effect and
reduce
emitted ELF magnetic fields.

George Alspaugh

---------------------- Forwarded by George Alspaugh/Lex/Lexmark on 05/25/2000