Hi Amund,

I read your email (below).  I'm no medical device expert; but I'm
wondering if the magnetic strength limit was set so high due to MRI
(Magnetic Resnonance Imaging) devices.  My understanding is that MRI
devices produce HUGE magnetic field levels.  According to a recent
newspaper story that I read, these fields are strong enough to draw a
metal oxygen tank across the room to the MRI machine.

Is there any chance that the device in question could be used around an
MRI?   It would be a real bummer if someone's infusion pump suddenly
changed its run rate due to a nearby magnetic field.

Could that be what the standard is safeguarding against?  Any medical
device gurus care to comment?

Chris Maxwell | Design Engineer - Optical Division
email chris.maxw...@nettest.com | dir +1 315 266 5128 | fax +1 315 797
8024

NetTest | 6 Rhoads Drive, Utica, NY 13502 | USA
web www.nettest.com | tel +1 315 797 4449 |