  From: Todd Bombaci
  To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
  Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [Emc-users] elections

  John
  This is not about turning your backs on hobbyist it is about putting an
industrial control in hobbyist hands and with the people in charge of emc doing
exactly that. Because you design industrial drives does not mean you are a cnc
expert.How long do you test your drives before you send them out to the general
public.Have you ever ran a industrial cnc have you gone to a cnc tool show and
seen what options are on them.Have you ever set up a true cnc machine,but being
arrogant is not how you treat emc users.

  John Kasunich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Todd Bombaci wrote:
    > Hi
    > I would like to see some discussion's on having a president for emc so
    > the project can be followed in the way it was started and that's for an
    > industrial cnc control and not a hobby cnc control. A person who is
    > knows industrial controls and integration. Most corporations not only
    > have a board but also a president who can make sure safe control theory
    > and not hobby practices are used. I would like to nominate Ray Henry for
    > this position if it is taken any farther.
    > Thank you

    There is a "president" position on the board, but it is not particularly
    different than any other board member. The president presides at board
    meetings if needed. However all board members have equal votes. If you
    believe Ray represents your wishes, nominate him for the board, and vote
    for him.

    In my opinion, EMC should always strive to be an "industrial" quality
    controller. But we should not turn our backs on "hobby" users either.

    To imply that "hobby practices" are unsafe is rather insulting. I may
    work on EMC as a hobby, but in my day job I design 200-1000 horsepower
    drives for a major industrial supplier. I am well aware of safety
    issues in an industrial control environment.

    I also am well aware that the safety of a machine is determined by the
    person who does the machine integration, NOT by the software. You can
    build a safe machine with EMC, and you can build an unsafe machine with
    EMC.

    Regards,

    John Kasunich