Gary,

I also have problems with the mail servers (from sourceforge that is).
For some reason, most of my mails I write through Thunderbird arrive with a normal delay but last Sunday I wrote an email (Re on "How do I calculate leadscrew push/pull forces?" but that mail only arrived 2 days later. Somehow it hung for 2 days between my provider's mailserver and my own.

Both webmail and Thunderbird use the same (my own local) mailserver to deliver the mail to my provider and in both cases they use the same outgoing mailserver at my provider. Still, mails I write via webmail are mostly late or do not arrive at all where mails I write via Thunderbird normally arrives within a minute or so on the mailing list. (it is now Wed. 07:06 CET so about Tue 22:06 local time according to sourceforge)

I keep forgettting this and since I tend to be away a lot (spending too much time in the shop ...) these days I keep trying to use webmail.

But GMail is nowadays also providing IMAP access so maybe I'll switch back to GMail again. I setup a "your domain on GMail" account long ago so all mail for myvoice.nl can go via their services.

Regards,

   Rob
   -- May the forge be with you

Gary Fixler wrote:
I set up an account for this list - [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - through my host, but couldn't reply to the confirmation email from Thunderbird on Linux at home. It would send, and go into my outbox, but nothing would ever come of it. I had to click through to the site (from Thunderbird), and confirm it there. I then couldn't send, nor reply to any message ever from Thunderbird, though I tried several times to do both over the past few weeks, hoping it would finally take. It would, however, always let me send, and reply from the web interface.