Kenneth Lerman wrote:
> I really think we need some pictures and/or details.
>
> Instead of using letters for a test case, could you try using short
> lines? First plot a set of parallel lines about 5 cm long and 2 cm
> apart, parallel to the X axis and centered on the Y axis. Then do the
> same thing parallel to the Y axis and centered on the X axis.
Another really useful test is to make a circle out of small
linear segments.  If there is some error happening on axis
reversal, it will show up at the points where the movement
reverses.  Many step/direction drives have restrictions on when
the direction signal can change relative to the last (or next)
step pulse.  If the required polarity of the step pulse gets
reversed, it can make the cnc computer violate that requirement,
and lose a step every reversal.

Jon