John,

Go to System | Administration | Networking to set up your wireless
parameters. Note that the rtai kernel (so I understand) does not include the
wireless drivers. So if you install EMC which includes the rtai kernel, you
will have to boot back to the generic kernel to use the wireless.

Regards,
Eric

I am In the process of setting up my CNC mill with EMC2 software it has
become apparent that I need internet access for updates and what not.
  The computer (a Dell) dual boots Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.xxx. Under
windows I have been able to configure the Linksys wireless adapter to work.
But I am at a loss on how to install the drivers under Ubuntu.
    Keep you directions simple as I am new to Linux/Ubuntu.