From: Kirk Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:55 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Ubuntu related question

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 12:01 -0400, John Domville wrote:
> I am In the process of setting up my CNC mill with EMC2 software it has
> become apparent that I need internet access for updates and what not.
>   The computer (a Dell) dual boots Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.xxx. Under
> windows I have been able to configure the Linksys wireless adapter to
work.
> But I am at a loss on how to install the drivers under Ubuntu.
>     Keep you directions simple as I am new to Linux/Ubuntu.
>
> Thanks
> John Domville
> Elmira NY

If you bring up System/Administration/Network do you see any wireless
connection entries in the connections tab? You will need to unlock and
enter your connection settings (usually the lower of two wireless
connections in the list). It took me some trial and error to get mine to
work. If you don't see any wireless connections in the list, it can be a
real problem to get your adapter to work. In fact, now that I am
thinking about it, for my EMC PC's I use a wireless client to Ethernet
adapter. This could save you allot of frustration.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127053

Kirk