Well, we have been progressing well in the learning curve for my new
SHERLINE mill.  I have been running the mill in CNC manual mode - Axis
(EMC2) and noticed that the indicated distance is not the same as the actual
tool movement.

   When I set up my config file I cannot use the "SHERLINE DRIVER" selection
as the mill only runs under "OTHER" In any case the Steps per revolution are
the same for both selections, a default of 200.  My first manual run on the
Y  axis indicated 1 inch (1.000) but when measured was around .450.  I
doubled the steps to 400 and got a lot closer to an inch.  Kept plugging
different numbers in and

Left it at 476 steps.  Put 476 in both the X and Z axis thinking that they
would be the same, but no - each is different. Right now the settings are"

X-523

Y-476

Z-476 (way off, gave up poking different numbers in)

                Is there a recommended procedure / formula for this type of
calibration?

John Domville

Elmira NY