On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 11:47 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:
> Jake Anderson wrote:
> >
> > Currently I am running a
> > P of ~3
> > D of .01
> > FF1 0
> > FF2 .03
> > FF2 .0001
> >
> Why is the P term so low?  Can you raise it?  I know the Mesa is
> different from my boards,
> but I use P values from 50 to 4000 or so.  I think this is the real
> reason you have different
> error at different speed.
>
> Jon

Hi Jake,

My Z axis on a cinci contourmaster (BP sized) mill is as follows;
5i20-> 7i33 -> 1525BR Servo Dynamics amp in torque mode -> Keling
KL-34-180-90 -> 2:1 -> 10 mm ball screw.

P = 600
I = 1000
D = 1.3
FF0 = 0
FF1 = 0
FF2 = 0

This gives decent but not phenomenal following error. ~ 0.0005".
When I tried running the amp at max (7 A) it screamed at me. I only got
stability when I backed off the current. It will still do 80 ipm so no
problem.

I should revisit the Z tuning with the idea of raising the P some more.

I initially tried tuning with large FF1 values but as I decreased it the
following error got progressively better. There is almost no difference
between FF1 = -0.03 and 0.0 so I left it at zero.

Dave