Ah!   I think I got it!  Gene and Andy you were right I decreased the
 values in [TRAJ] in the INI as well as increased the STEPGEN_MAXACCEL I had
under each axis.  That seemed to do the trick!  Changed my ferror back to
the default setting and I don't seem to get any more errors.

Also I am using reset mode I think... thats this line in the hal correct?

setp parport.0.reset-time 1000