2011/8/21 Bryce Johnson <sie...@gmail.com>:

> I know I want to leave some headroom between the Traj planner and the
> stepper.   Is that the diff between [AXIS_0] STEPGEN_MAXACCEL
> and MAX_VELOCITY  and [TRAJ] MAX_ACCELERATION and MAX_VELOCITY?

Yes.
The way I understand it is that [TRAJ] section relates to acceleration
and velocity of the tool, [AXIS_N] section relates to acceleration and
velocity limits of a particular joint.
For example, You can set as high limits for joints as You want, but G0
will be done at max vel from [TRAJ] section. With max jogging speed it
is the same.
Basically, I think that it is better to have [TRAJ] values _lower_
than [AXIS_N] values, so that EMC can move joints within their limits
to achieve the accel and velocity limits of tool's motion.

Viesturs