Most of my failures were on Windows but they didn't seem to be related
to power fluctuations.  The Samsung failed on my Linux server. I
reformatted one of the Kingston drives and stuck it in my Linux house
computer. It ran for a couple of weeks before trashing the file system.
I always get the same symptoms. The drive locks up bringing the OS to
it's knees. After a reboot a chunk of the file system is missing.

Les