Przemek Klosowski wrote:

> Speaking of connectors, has anyone considered using RJ-45? it's a proven
> locking connector that's cheap and rated for over 1A per pin, and the
> cables are easy to custom-assemble. What's not to like, I'm asking in all
> seriousness?

Well, these connectors are REALLY used for currents up to 20 mA or so in
phones, and
even less in Ethernet (except power over ethernet).  Ever had one
crackle and have to
be wiggled to get a good contact?  Our telephone network junction box is
exposed to
humidity outdoors, and even though those have little foam seals around
the plug to try
to keep the moisture out, the plug or jack has to be replaced yearly
when corrosion
shorts it out.  Other than equipment that is built with these connectors
(phones and
Ethernet) I would NEVER use one on anything I built.

Jon