On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 14:58 -0800, Karl Cunningham wrote:
> On 02/03/2012 12:20 PM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> > I have some more thoughts on VFD components. My plan for my SJ200
> > component was to have a bare-bones version that let one operate speed,
> > direction and maybe a fault signal, then a more complete version with
> > more features, but still only those necessary for machine operation and
> > monitoring, and finally have a component meant to run separately from
> > LinuxCNC that would allow setting registers relevant to features such as
> > for tuning the system for the motor being used.
>
> You might also think about including the at-speed signal (is it
> "frequency arrival"?), and fault reset from linuxcnc to the VFD. Until I
> get everything dialed in I've found it handy to have a VFD reset button
> in the pyvcp panel.
>
> We have a Hitachi X200 VFD, hard-wired at the moment, but I want to use
> it with modbus. I'm eager to see how yours turns out.
>
> Karl

The X200 manual I found on-line:
http://www.hitachi-america.us/products/business/inverters/products/ac_variable_speed_drives/x200/

looks very similar to my SJ200-2 and has the same register addresses for
at least the major functions. So when I get my SJ done you'll most
likely have a Modbus component you can use.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html