>  I see a problem with using "gcode generating" software languages to
> machine complex geometries. In my world all "gcode generating" software
> languages will undercut or gouge the material deemed to be the desired
> material to include in the desired part. This happens at random times.
> Usually only when a complex geometry is modified. Sometimes the
> modification is so minor it is insignificant or so you would think. Simple
> shapes are hardly ever a problem. Complex shapes may need to have the
> cutting strategy altered to allow generation of clean g code. Seeing the
> undercut on the screen or in some verification software is not generally a
> problem.

So, another conclusion from this discussion would be "Do Cutsim instead" !?

I have some prelim work on cutting-simulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DAvgLCj_RQ  , but I got stuck with the
GUI, threading, and opengl. Joseph Coffland seems to have
independently made great progress at http://openscam.com/

Anders