Hi the only info i need is how to configure the maximum current in the
driver, there is a dip switch with 4 switches that i gees is for that
porpoise. Thanks

------------------------------
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:11:47 -0800
From: Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] SLO-SYN 440-TH125 stepper driver from
       Superior Electric
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
       <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 11:32 -0600, Oscar Chaides wrote:
> Hi, some body has the manual for a SLO-SYN 440-TH125 stepper driver from
> Superior Electric?, i google it without luck and the people of Dana
> Motion said i to old for support

You should be able to get a fair amount of information with a voltmeter
and tachometer.

How many wires are coming from the motor?

Is there a data plate? What information is on it?

What do you plan to use the motor for?

What driver do you plan to use to drive it?

What power supply do you plan to drive the driver?

If you spin up the motor and can determine the speed and measure the AC
voltage on a pair of wires to a coil, you can get an idea of what
voltage you will need to drive the motor at the planned maximum speed. I
believe Kv is the term for voltage per RPM. If you measure the the
voltage at say 500 RPM, then Kv = X Vac / 500 rpm. If you want to drive
the motor at 2k RPM, then the approximate Vmax = Kv x 2000 rpm.

The motors amperage limit depends on the coil resistance, copper and
iron losses, and heat shedding capacity. I would tend to drive one coil
with a variable power supply with a small current to start with. After
ten or twenty minutes see how warm the motor is. If the motor is not too
warm, up the current, wait, then check the temperature again. Repeat the
process until the motor becomes to warm to comfortably touch and note
the voltage and current.

To get an idea of the torque capacity of the motor, mount a largish
pulley on the output shaft and wrap it with a rope, drive one coil, note
the voltage and current, then place weights on the end of the rope until
the weight overpowers the motor's ability to hold it still. Torque will
be: T(holding) = Pulley radius x Weight. One can also use the
pulley/weight method on an axis lead screw to determine the torque
needed to drive the axis. If your motor torque is higher than your lead
screw torque, the motor should work for this application.

This should give you a rough idea of the motor's capacity.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html