Eric H. Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Oops again, just a typo on my part. I was using coordinate system 3, but
> erroneously referred to it is 2. So the P values are being used correctly
> and the problem remains.

Why are you working in the machine coordinate system?  I never do that,
it is for LinuxCNC
to know what the machine limits of travel are.  I use the Axis touchoff
button to set coords.
There are what I consider to be quirks in the way LinuxCNC treats the
workpiece
coord systems, but if you use touchoff instead of G92 L2 Px then Axis
handles these
quirks.  Otherwise, when a program is aborted or ends, the G92 L2 Px offsets
are cleared.  Axis resets these offsets as soon as LinuxCNC clears them,
so you
are unaware of this behavior.  To my thinking, when I set a workpiece
offset, I
expect it to STAY set until I change it explicitly.  There is a command
that restores the
cleared offsets, G92.3.  You should read the user manual, around page 86
in :
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/LinuxCNC_User_Manual.pdf

Jon