Hi all,

The setting of the coordinate system (G53-g59.3) is not working the way I
expected, and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am running
linuxcnc 2.5, BTW.

After initialization and homing, if I issue:

G53 G0 X0 Y0

It will correctly move to absolute machine 0, 0.

This happens to be starting from machine zero, but no matter where it starts
I also issue:

G92 X0 Y0

I then set my coordinate systems programatically, for example:

G10 L2 P2 X10 Y10
G10 L2 P3 X20 Y20
G10 L2 P4 X30 Y30

And then have an initial move as such:

G56 G0 X0 Y0

It will correctly move to the offset for coordinate system 2 (10, 10).

If I then run the program to completion, I can re-run it and it will run
correctly with the appropriate  offsets. However, if I stop the program in
the middle and the issue:

G53 G0 X0 Y0

It will again go to absolute machine 0, 0. However, if I restart the program
above with the three G10 commands, it seems to ignore those offsets when it
gets to:

G56 G0 X0 Y0

Further, even rehoming and rerunning will not re-establish the offsets,
although a complete reinitialization will. I have also tried playing with
various permutations of G92 (G92.1, G92.2), in the event the G92 I did at
the beginning is contributing to the problem, but that seems to make no
difference either.

Does anyone see anything obvious I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Eric