Gene, Andy:

Andy; I thought it was reliable, too….  (read on)

> I have 2 of them, running at 23000 ns for a BASE_PERIOD.  I can run most of
> the day without encountering a realtime error.

Good - I'll try your BASE_PERIOD - (read on)

> I assume you also have the option set in the kernel line of your grub.conf

Thanks for the "slap on the back of the head" . Let me check that - I did but
it might have been removed by some machine updates.

>  Going to 23000 will make a noticeable difference in the machines
> top speed in that event.

:-)

> That also assumes you have stepper voltages high
> enough to make decent torque at those speeds. 24 is often borderline IMO,
> my mill is running a 28 volt supply, my lathe a 38 volt under load.

Running at circa 42V - G540, calculated optimal voltages from equations on
gecko web site, and tuned my power supply to that.

It's a little Sieg KX1 with a Gecko G540.

I'll verify that isoclplus (name like that) parameter, and try your BASE_PERIOD
and email back in a couple of days with results.

Thanks;

JohnS.