Personally, i insert more limitation in my kinematics for generate
somethings similar to "soft limit" ... but the only way is possible to do
thes is with a if statement ... at every cicle of kinematic save world->z
to your var than control if yourvar is equal or not to your limit .... at
these point you can emit a asignal or use last value or yourvar to "stop"
the joint[2] at yourvar position. No other possibilities ... I think is not
a good work for developper make a func for addictional soft limit working
only for cartesian makines .... and make a funk working with all kinematics
is very difficult (or to speack better, a very long job) ...

I think we should already be very happy with everything that the developers
we already do to improve and make lcnc available as it is now.

bkt