On 02/08/2021 12:11 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
If you've room for it Jon I expect it would be a pretty good deal at that
price. But check the ceiling height it needs too, that looks to be in
excess of the usual 96" tall. I'd probably be 5 or 6"" or so thru the
ceiling in my garage. With 3 containers of tooling, heck of a deal.  If
I had room for it...
Oh YEAH! That's why I can't have a Bridgeport BOSS machine, the top of the head would be WAY up inside the kitchen cabinets! I have a fairly low ceiling in my basement. So, that is one of the important details to keep in mind.

Freight would likely be substantial.

I wonder what the catch is? Dead bandit maybe? At its age, going on 35
years, the electrolytics in the various psu's are likely way overdue for
new ones.

Yes, the Bandit control is quite mediocre, and almost certainly now kaput. No way I'd want to even mess with it. The motors are probably fine, the encoders might be too low resolution. My Bridgeport has some wear in the saddle and table and so machines a kind of saddle shape a few thousandths of an inch out of plane. The big issue is the Y travel is limited to 7" the way I did the ballscrew retrofit. That occasionally gets in the way. I have a 12" Bridgeport knee and a bunch of BOSS parts like the ballscrews here, but don't want to take the machine apart for a couple months minimum to swap those parts.

Jon