On 05/22/2021 07:12 PM, dave engvall wrote:

Has anyone tried homing off the reference channel on a glass scale? There is information on the web indicating that at least some of the chinese glass scales mask and compare the 4 lines each side of the reference mark in addition to the reference. This might imply that the usual homing routine would work. I haven't tried this only because I have nothing running at the moment capable of doing this.
If the "reference channel" produces one pulse at a specific spot on the scale with no other pulses within a few tenths of an inch, you should be able to use it for precise homing. You'd have a limit switch that would begin the search for index sequence of the homing routine. Then, it would advance until it saw the pulse from the scale. Just like the Z mark on a rotary encoder.

Jon