On Sunday, 20 March 2022 16:46:17 EDT John Dammeyer wrote:
> Story of my life.  Fan failed on 3D printer.  Repaired feed tube and
> replaced with ball bearing fan I had from power supply manufacturing
> inventory.   Almost 1 week later still not working quite the way it
> was and the way I want. John

ball bearing fans start easier, leads to over cooling the early layers.
Change the min speed so its stopped for the 1st layer like it used to be
at 25% power. Sleeve bearing fans often don't start at all till the mid
30% range.

Try zero for the first layer or even as high as the third layer before
the fan actually starts. I have a ball bearing fan on my BIQU BX and it
runs plenty fast enough at 30% of max in cura for PETG which needs far
less cooling than PLA. I don't mess with PLA at all, too brittle.

I've also put a diamonback .4mm PCD nozzle in mine so I can use the
carbon fiber filled PETG but haven't yet seen the need for its improved
strength. I'm running the nozzle at 252C and the bed at 90C and my
printed air manifold is air tight. Bed adhesion is only a problem getting
stuff loose. Its almost too good. If the nozzle is slobbering, check how
tight it is, then reduce the flow 2% at a time to stop the overflow, this
PCD nozzle conducts heat into the filament better than brass, melting it
better which can increase the flow. At 245C the part will not be airtight
if you need that. At 252C the part gets noticably glossier because its
more liquid and bonds well to the next layer down before it cools and
solidify's.

Take care and stay well John. And my teeny version to be used as the B
axis driver on my 6040 mill, the one that costs around a tenner to make,
seems to be pretty solid, got several hundred hours on it now but it
probably going to get another 200 running a hard maple stick for a
woodworkers leg vise screw. I've got to make an idler yet to tighten the
belt as that is the only backlash it it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis