On Thursday, 21 April 2022 14:52:36 EDT Todd Zuercher wrote:
> The keyboard shortcut for jogging the "4th" axis in the Axis gui, I
> think only works on the A-axis (or joint #4 in joint mode) I don't
> think it will jog any other axis letter even if it is the 4th axis.

A as an axis, only works as A, you can't skip to B or C even if the 3rd
stepgen moves the rotary, its not tied into trivkins or the DRO. Renaming
it B gets you a B position label where the A was in the DRO, and the axis
will run with the [] keyboard but trying a co-ordinated move from the mdi
commandline is not allowed, the non-existent A axis still gets the
command and errors out, preventing the motion.

This IMO is a bug. And one I have fussed about intermittently for quite a
few years. Last time was about 2 years ago when I was making the tap
hats. I could not combine a linear and a rotary move in the same line of
code. Now, on this mill, I can, as long as the rotary is A.  Andy says
what I want to do will work, and it probably will once I get it
recalibrated to run in mm's natively, I think it will carve the part but
the DRO and the backplot will be horribly wrong and about as useful as
those famous appendidges on a boar hogs belly.

If trivkins is not the kins for an xyzb or xyzc machine, some one should
speak up and tell me which kins is the correct one. The "man 9 kins" sure
doesn't say.

Thanks Todd.

> Todd Zuercher
> P. Graham Dunn Inc.
> 630 Henry Street
> Dalton, Ohio 44618
> Phone:  (330)828-2105ext. 2031

[...]
> > > Linear move on line 0 would exceed A's positive limit
> > >
> > >     invalid params in linear command
> >
> > Home switch is located somewhere between min and max limits?
>
> A (or B|C) is rotary, has a home switch, but no limits are set. hot
> keys to move it do not change either, remains at [], as does the tool
> image rotation in the backplot, its stuck on the axis of X. My next
> job for it needs the tool rotating on the Y axis in the backplot, or
> better yet, tooltip at vertical offset and backplot is rotated. That
> however would be a huge load on the machines gfx engine.
>
> Maybe trivkins is the wrong kins? IDK. I've never built a machine that
> needed more than trivkins.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis