On Thursday, 28 April 2022 19:35:44 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 at 00:20, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > > Surely you already know that? It's 360 x 100 x SCALE ?
> >
> > Sure Andy. But what is the scale?
>
> 200 * 16 * 40 * (60/53) / 360

But these motors are not 200, but 300, they are 3 phase, 1.2 degrees a
full step. 300 steps per rev for full step.

So by purely mechanical means, that would then be:
300 * 16 * 40 * [60/53] / 360, or 603.7735849 according to my TI-36X Pro.
But thats about 5x what seems to be pretty close @ 125.xxxxx.

Something, someplace is lying like a rug. But where? You got the hal file
now, is it wrong?

I just found the stepgen drawings and I think my hal file is wrong, the
values presented by the .fb pins are not in the same units as .count's.

And this needs counts. I'll fix that when I get it back together. Then
maybe it will make sense.
currently stepgen3.counts is      -173640,
 while    stepgen3.position.fb is  1380.7

> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis