> The drive had been acting up for the past couple months.  When the machine
> would be first powered on (throwing disconnect) the drive would not "turn
> on" right away "Power" LED on the front of the drive would not light up,
> even though the drive had power on all 3 phases.  If the machine was left
> turned on for an extended period of time (a half hour or maybe more)
> eventually the drive would power up and work correctly.  This drive has no
> display other than a row of 5 LEDs for fault and power indication.  None of
> the alarm indicators have ever have shown anything.  Last week it stopped
> working completely.  We are of the opinion the problem probably likes in
> the low voltage board and won't be easily found.
>
> Todd Zuercher
> P. Graham Dunn Inc.
> 630 Henry Street
> Dalton, Ohio 44618
> Phone:  (330)828-2105ext. 2031

My guess is that it's a joint issue on the power side. Thermal cycling
causes the solder joints on power devices to eventually break contact. Once
the board warms up, contact is made again. (or vice versa)

As a start. I would open the drive and re-solder all the power devices, and
power connectors. I've done this often in the past that's saved a device.
(be careful to let the HV caps discharge over a few hours before opening.
There is normally a bleed resistor)

If there was a fault in the signal side, it wouldn't 'recover' as it did.

Roland