Hello,

Is anyone else using AMC 30A20 servo amps?  I now have two of these, waiting for another one to show up on eBay for a decent price.  How hot do these run?  The first one I got had no heat sink, the 2nd one had a heat sink with gigantic fins 1" tall. But, there was no heat sink grease on that one, which is kind of crazy.  So, I'm wondering if I even need a heat sink?  I do have some heat sink extrusion that is just the right width, and the fins are not so tall, so I can pack the amps closer together.  The datasheet shows 143 W dissipation at continuous rated output current, but I wonder how that averages out in typical milling machine applications?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jon