You'd need to get a frame casting, set up indicators, then do some pushing,
twisting, and leaning on it to see how much it moves.

What could stiffen it is filling all its internal space with epoxy. The upper
casting from one of these
https://china-highly.en.made-in-china.com/product/gSHxMeWyblRA/China-Hl-246-Long-Arm-Compound-Feeding-Super-Heavy-Sewing-Machine.html
could do the job since it bolts on from above it could be mounted over any XY
base you can build.

Just might be workable for a wood router for sign carving. Z travel would be
limited to whatever vertical slide you mount, and if you space the arm up
higher.

I'd expect that the really long ones with arms around 30 inches, would be
pretty well vibration damped in order to handle high speed sewing in heavy
materials like canvas. Sewing is mostly a short vertical motion. I'd assume the
main area of concern for adapting a long arm sewing machine to routing would be
resistance to bending sideways and twisting around the long axis of the arm.

On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 11:00:22 AM MDT, Thomas J Powderly