Hi Gene,

I suspect the problem is a bit strange in my case.

I can run the knee at 150 ipm.  The tapping in this case happens at 10 ipm.
The I3 parameter means it returns at 30 IPM.  I can jog up and down at say 60
IPM and never get a following error for Joint 2 which is the Z axis.

Since this showed up during the G33.1 I'm going to guess that the deceleration
of the Z axis compared to the spindle doesn't match what is expected.   Since Z
can move with G0 motion  (150 ipm) without following errors the problem has
something to do with the timing of the I3.

I changed the value to S100 so now tapping is at 5 IPM.  It does not create a
following error with I6 which is 30 IP the same failure speed when it's 10 IPM
and I3 for 30 IPM.

That suggests again that it's not as obvious as it might appear.  Note in my
sample below I also move the Z to 0.5 with a G0 .  That's again 150 IPM.  No
following error.  Therefore given the above experiments the Z axis motion for
tracking the S200 spindle at I3 has an issue yet doesn't at S100 and I6 which
is the exact same speed.

The problem is under the covers somewhere and the Joint 2 following error isn't
totally accurate but is what happens later.
John