Thank you, Maria!

I wonder, remembering Amanda Todd's video, if remose in the sense of biting might also be connected to cutting? I remember teaching a class at an artschool at one point; the course was about contemporary art, the body, etc. - and almost everyone in the class was a cutter. It was incredibly sad; it seems the ultimate risk/control of the body by the self, the ultimate collapse. And I remember also Acconci's biting piece, mapping his body with his teeth - but more abject than that, an uncanny surplus of meaning -